Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Well, my dad's officially OVER the hill. Cause he's been perched at the top O that hill for a whole year now. I'm sure you guessed, he is now 51.

Wow! I used to think 30 was old. Then 50 became old.

I once heard a teenaged cousin at a family gathering say that this guy was REALLY old, like 80 or something. Then someone cleared his throat. It was Granpa Smith. He had just turned 81 and we did not consider him really old. That small snipped of a conversation changed my whole idea of old. Now age is something you strive to attain. Because you have a ton of knowledge when you get there! And you've actually made it!

Congrats Dad! You've survived your own childhood, AND us two girls. Hope to congratulate you on another 50 or so birthdays!! LOVE Shanen

No comments:

Post a Comment