Wednesday, January 7, 2009

7-UPdate


Well, my day went well. Yes, I did get the splinter out of my hand. It still smarts. (whine, whine, whine – What?? No sympathy for a weenie??) I didn’t get the mail box down to our delivery site. Will use the farm truck to move it before I haul hogs in the AM.


Carrie from “Martinville” gave me an excellent idea for 7-up today and….. IT IS WORKING!!!
I took a splint boot (horse size) turned it upside down, and put it on. The part that usually goes on the fetlock, is over his hock. I cinched it up tight, and it fits perfectly. He is so tiny!! The boot goes all the way down to his fetlock. I think it is helping. Tonight when we did chores, he was standing up, and he was actually resting his foot on the ground. It looked like it felt a little better too!!!!


I’ve still got some feed additives coming, some colt feed for growing bone, and extra calcium, and syrup to go on top to make him want to eat it. I think the tricky part will be making sure he doesn’t gain too much weight.


It’s worth the work, if he can be comfortable. Maybe we’ll make him our mascot. ; )

1 comment: