Tuesday, November 26, 2013

To the Mom who hasn't brushed her hair in a week

This was written in November 2013. It is now My birthday in August 2014. 
It is still true. 
Part two is now languishing in drafts. 
I blame the Crown for lettin me publish - and Kim :)


This is for The Mom who hasn't brushed her hair in a week

Huh? How is this possible.
Well, it is. As of right now, I can't remember when I last brushed my hair.
I've finger combed it for a second.
I've washed it.
I've pulled it up in a messy bun.
Ponytails & loose braids are my best friends.
Hats, yes every kind of hat is a near necessity.

What does this mean I've become?
Lazy?
Careless about my appearance?
Fat?  Huh-that adjective just popped right out? Wonder what that reeeally means?
A    m.o.t.h.e.r.

Yep, being a mother means that you put others before yourself.

But, if you don't take good (adequate) care of yourself how can you care for your family?


This first part is real. I've let myself sit with this revaluation for two weeks now.

I decided to brush my hair.
I decided that I should take time to look, really look at myself in the mirror.
I decided that.  I should meet that person in the mirror, because I don't have a clue who she is.
I decided I need to like what I see in that mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment